Are you looking for journal prompts to help you get started on your self love journey? This post is about amazing journal prompts for self love.
Journaling has always been one of my favorite forms of self-care. There is something extremely therapeutic about getting all your thoughts and feelings down on paper. I’ve kept journals since I was 8 years old, and they’ve helped me reflect on my thoughts and get through tough times.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you.
This post is about 52 journal prompts for self love
Why is Journaling Important?
Journaling allows you to reflect on things that you don’t think about in your day-to-day routine. You slowly discover more about yourself-your fears, goals, hopes, desires-when you allow yourself the time to journal and reflect.
You become more self-aware when you journal, and when you understand yourself more, you are better able to process your thoughts and emotions every day.
There are so many benefits of journaling including:
Helps you stay on track of your goals
Improve your working memory
Enhance your sense of well-being
How to Practice Self-Love Through Journaling
Journaling is an amazing form of self-care because it can help you clear your mind and reduce stress. When you journal, you help yourself better process your emotions by writing down your thoughts. Through journal prompts, you are asking yourself questions you don’t take think about on a daily basis. The answers to these questions can lead you to understand yourself better and grow as a person.
What is self-love?
Self-love does NOT mean you have a big ego. It simply means you are being kind to yourself and taking care of your needs. We are not always going to feel positive about ourselves 100% of the time, but it’s important that we still love ourselves everyday and take actions that care for our own well-being
Self-love means you are treating yourself with kindness while nurturing your well-being and growth.
While you are journaling, you are growing as a person and can develop a greater appreciation for yourself. You can practice self-love by becoming mindful, taking actions based on need rather than want, and making room for healthy habits.
52 Self Love journal prompts
I’ve created a list of 40 self-love journal prompts to help you get started on your journey to loving yourself. I believe these prompts can help you practice self-love by helping you think more positively about yourself, forgiving yourself, challenging yourself, accepting yourself, and recognizing your strengths and growth.
In this list you will find:
Get the free 30 day self love journal prompts PDF below
I hope these journal prompts help guide you towards mindfulness and self-love!
Positivity Journal Prompts for Self Love
A large part of self-love is thinking positively about yourself. Use these prompts to help shift your mindset in a positive direction.
1. What makes you happy?
2. What is something that you are proud of?
3. What is something that you are really good at?
4. What are your biggest dreams?
5. What are you grateful for today?
6. What would your younger self be proud of you for?
7. What’s a choice that you can make now that your future self will thank you for?
8. What does your “best day ever” look like?
9. How do you want to be remembered?
10. What do you want more of in your life?
11. What are 3 things you’ve learned about yourself over the years?
12. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
13. How have you made a positive impact in someone’s life?
14. What do you love about your life?
15. What is your favorite physical feature about yourself?
16. How can you make your life more positive?
Journal Prompts for Self Growth
On your self-love journey, it is important to recognize your growth and celebrate the changes you’ve made. In order to continue grow, you need to challenge yourself and make goals for yourself. Below are journal prompts that will help you recognize your success and help you continue to grow.
17. What is something (big or small) you’ve accomplished today?
18. What is something your younger self would be proud of you for?
19. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
20. What unhealthy habits do you need to stop doing?
21. What does your healthiest self look like?
22. How can you better appreciate your loved ones?
23. How can you feel more fulfilled in your day to day life?
24. When do you feel most confident?
25. What is something you are afraid to accomplish?
26. Where is somewhere you want to travel?
27. What are you going to do this month to get closer to your dreams?
28. How can you improve your environment?
29. What is your dream job?
30. What can you do to add happiness to your life?
31. Write down positive ways you have changed in the past 5 years
32. What is something you want to learn about this year?
33. What is your biggest weakness?
34. How can you practice self-care daily?
Journal Prompts for Self Discovery
Learning more about yourself can help you tremendously on your journey to self-love. When you understand yourself better, you can understand why it might be difficult for you to practice self love, or what might be holding you back from growing as a person.
35. Who do you look up to the most?
36. What motivates you?
37. Who do you trust the most?
38. Write a letter to your future self. Write about your hopes and dreams for yourself
39. How can you care for yourself?
40. Describe yourself in 3 words
41. What hobby are you passionate about?
42. What are your career ambitions?
43. Write about something you’ve learned from a stranger
44. How do you handle change?
45. How can you make your life more meaningful?
46. What motivates you to keep going?
Forgiveness Journal Prompts
A big step into self-love is forgiveness. You need to forgive yourself from past mistakes and forgive others to release any negative energy you may be harboring.
47. Is it easy for you to forgive?
48. What do you need to forgive yourself for?
49. How would it feel like to forgive yourself?
50. Did you accept responsibility for your actions?
51. Why is forgiving hard?
52. What things have you held onto that you want to forgive?
Get started journaling today
Sometimes we need a little extra motivation to get started forming a self-care habit like journaling. A cute journal like this one with some good journaling pens might give you that extra motivational boost, it definitely helped me:)